Inhalt des Dokuments
Quality Evalution of 3DTV
Motivation & Project
In the context of the evolution from terrestrial Standard Definition Television towards High Definition and now 3DTV, we are investigating users’ perception of 3D in a television context. This project attempts to define how 3D TV quality can be measured in subjective tests, and what potential advantages of 3D TV over 2D TV.
Our goals are:
- The identification of perceptual differences to 2D TV and their implications on the relative quality
- The identification of appropriate subjective 3D video evaluation methods
- The identification of key characteristics & technological challenges relevant for quality
- The consideration of the actual application scenario and context
- The quantification of quality impact due to technology, displays and multimedia transmission
- The quantification of the role of content for perceived quality and user needs
- A first analysis of audiovisual aspects
- A first qualitative weighting of effects for future modeling
- A better understanding of factors impacting on 3D TV quality
- The clarification of an appropriate methodology for subjective testing.
- The delimitation of the set of acceptable quality.
|Time Frame: |
|T-labs Team Members:||P. Lebreton, A. Raake ,|
|Publications:||see publications of P. Lebreton and A.